Pilsen Region Tourist on the Pilsen Card
The Pilsen Region Tourist is a one-day ticket loaded onto a Pilsen Card and valid throughout the Pilsen Region. Use it when you travel in Pilsen and around the Pilsen Region. The ticket is issued in cooperation with the Pilsen Region and POVED – Pilsen Public Transport Operator.
Options for using Pilsen Region Tourist on the Pilsen Card
Because the Pilsen Region Tourist fare is loaded on the Pilsen Card, cardholders can make use of Pilsen Card services:
- Load prepaid passes for travel in Pilsen and the Pilsen Region.
- Top up e-cash on the card to make payments (buying tickets inside municipal transportation vehicles, paying for parking and other non-transportation services).
- Use the card as identification in linked systems (cafeterias and canteens, time and attendance systems, etc.).
And because the Pilsen Region Tourist fare is loaded on it, the cardholder can:
- Travel on Pilsen municipal transportation on one selected calendar day
- Travel in all Regional (Os) and Regional fast (Sp) trains as well as Fast (R) trains throughout the Pilsen Region on one selected calendar day
- Travel on most bus connections throughout the Pilsen region on one selected calendar day
How and where to get the Pilsen Region Tourist fare + Pilsen Card:
Because passengers interested in this option are expected to already have a Pilsen Card, they only need to load the Pilsen Region Tourist fare to the card. Simply bring a valid Pilsen Card with you when you buy the Pilsen Region Tourist fare.
You can purchase the fare at:
1) PMDP Customer Service Centres (Denisovo Náb. 12, Klatovská Třída 12)
2) At Česká Spořitelna ATMs that support topping up transport cards. These ATMs are located throughout the Pilsen Region.
3) Pilsen Card e-shop (at eshop.plzenskakarta.cz )
If you purchase the fare at the e-shop, you will need to validate your Pilsen Card inside municipal transportation vehicles by placing the card against the in-vehicle terminal (which you can do on the date you start to use the Pilsen Region Tourist fare).
Price of Pilsen Region Tourist fare on the Pilsen Card
This type of fare costs CZK 150 per calendar day. The fare is only available as an adult individual fare.
Compared to the paper version of the Pilsen Region Tourist ticket, the fare on the Pilsen Card is CZK 30 cheaper.
(Paper Pilsen Region Tourist tickets, which include municipal transportation, cost CZK 180).
Expiration of Pilsen Region Tourist fare on the Pilsen Card
The ticket is valid for one calendar day (starting at 12 midnight and expiring at 11:59 p.m.). You can choose any date up to 100 days in advance.
No returns after purchase.
Using Pilsen Region Tourist on the Pilsen Card
Municipal transportation in Pilsen (Zone 001 Pilsen)
On most bus connections in the Pilsen Region; see list of bus connections
On all Regional (Os) and Regional fast (Sp) trains
On all Fast (R) trains on the following lines: Pilsen – Kařez, Pilsen – Blatno u Jesenice, Pilsen – Strakonice, Pilsen – Železná Ruda/Alžbětín, Pilsen – Mariánské Lázně (except IC trains).
Appearance of Pilsen Region Tourist on the Pilsen Card
Pilsen Cards loaded with the Pilsen Region Tourist fare do not appear different from standard Pilsen Cards.